Firefox and JRE

Sorry folks. I had all the Java stuff in my inbox a while back, and not
thinking I'd need it, trashed it. Doh.

I'm trying to improve my french, and the site I'm on according to Firefox,
needs the JRE to use IRC on this site.

I've never used IRC, and don't particalarly want to, but must improve my
french.

Anyone with some references to install the JRE? Sun's Java site have 2 files
for i386. An RPM, and another, which I presume is a .bin, using a shellscript
to start it. I don't want to DL large files on dialup, without finding out
first, which is the correct one.

This is going on FC2, and using the JRE on Firefox 1.5.0.4

I can no longer find the Stanton Finley page for installing general stuff on
Google, and believe there are tips for installing Java there, if someone can
provide the link.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel.