Bluetooth GPRS mobile help?

    Hello list,
            My Mobile (Motorola L6) appears to support Bluetooth
GPRS. hcitool suggests channel 1.
  I have tried to configure it (following
http://www.niemueller.de/wiki/?GPRSviaBluetooth)
but don't seem to be able to get it to work. can anyone help?

When I type:
/sbin/ifup GPRS
I get:
Failed to activate GPRS with error 8
man pppd says: "The connect script failed (returned a non-zero exit
status)."
 How can I get more info on the connection please?

Also, if I try minicom I get:

minicom: cannot open /dev/rfcomm0: No such file or directory
which is not true.
  In each case the bluetooth symbol comes on on the phone for a few
seconds. I can copy files each way with obex; I think I am bonded.

   Ideas?
 Thanks,
        Bill