Rehashing LVM question

Hi Folks,

When I installed F5 I thought I'd try something new and just let
Fedora do it's own thing. So it chose LVM and I just continued with
the install. Well, now I have F5 working quite nicely except that its
using 160g and I'd like to have some other distros to play with, but
nothing I read said I could shrink the volumes without losing some of
my data.I had to get stung by alot of bees before I left thier nests
alone as a kid and I guess there is still a little of that in me
today. That is how I learn best. Tell me if I've been stung and I'll
just reinstall with my own volume mgmt.
Thanks for all the work you guys do; I've learned much on this forum.

--
G. Hare