Re: help - can't make radeon driver work

Eric Donkersloot wrote:

On Wednesday August 09 2006 6:24 am, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
I have FC5 running on an HP D330m mini-tower, with a Radeon 9600 (DVI)
AGP card driving a LCD. The problem is, I can only get it to work using
the xorg "vesa" driver. The "radeon" driver doesn't work (see log
below), and the livna fglrx driver doesn't work either. I'm stumped, and
would really appreciate suggestions!

Which version of the fglrx driver have you tried it with ?
And what errors do you see when you try the fglrx driver ?

I used the most recent livna kmod-fglrx rpm (8.27.10). I didn't see the errors - the whole computer locked up and the monitor powered off :-(

That's why I was trying to focus on the simpler, open source radeon driver. At least it doesn't lock up the computer.

I think I'll try a cheap nvidia card and see if it "just works".

- Mike