Re: urgent help reqd: modifying routing table using ioctl( ) function

Abid Ghufran wrote:
> I am trying to use ioctl( ), with the appropriate flag for the
> addition and deletion of routing entries, to modify the routing table.
>
> I have an application where a client takes its interface information
> and sends it to the server. The server then sends it to other clients.
> Clients receiving that information are to integrate that information
> in their routing tables.
>
> Now, the problem is that, I am getting very strange behaviour from the
> system, when I use the ioctl( ) function.It successfully adds the
> entries but the when i view them in the routing table (using route) I
> see a REJECT flag ( ! ) with them. Hence the receiving clients cannot
> use that entry to route traffic to the original client.
>
> I am not sure how the ioctl( ) function interacts with the kernel and
> vice versa.
>
> Can anyone help me on this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Abid Ghufran.

As a Network Engineer, I do not completely understand why you should
have a server (re)distributing routes amongst clients.

That fact aside, could you provide an example?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Jeroen van Meeuwen, LPIC-1, MCP