Re: Boot floppy for FC5

Przemyslaw Gawronski wrote:
There hasn't been an option to create a boot floppy since FC2, since the kernel is too big to fit on a floppy.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

What problem is it that you are trying to solve by wanting a boot floppy?

Well, the box I'm trying to setup has to SCSI controllers but some how I
can't boot from them :-(

The current installation boots from a floppy (RH 7.3) and then it all
works ok. But I wanted a more up to date system on that server.

There is also an IDE drive there, maybe putting GRUB in it's MBS will
work and set it up to boot from SCSI partition.

There is usually a BIOS option to decide whether the system should boot from IDE or SCSI drives if both are present. IDE is the usual default so trying installing the bootloader there is well worth trying.

If the system has a CD writer, it possible to make a boot CD.

Paul.