Re: sharing a partition betweed FC3 and FC5

| From: D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh@xxxxxxxxxx>

| ==> Is there something simple that I can do to allow the existing
|     /home ext3 partition to be shared between FC3 and FC5?

I also posted the query to the fedora-selinux list.  The answers I got
were quite useful.  The thread starts here:

Paul Howarth (well known on this list) explained that the structure
used to record file contexts in FC5 is larger than that for FC3 (or
unpatched FC4).  So that isn't easy to fix.

Stephen Smalley (one of the SELinux authors at the NSA) said that
kernel patching or turning off SELinux in FC3 were the two available
options.

I don't think that there is a patched kernel version available "off
the shelf" for FC3.  Besides, the whole reason for keeping FC3 is to
have a "known good" kernel to fall back to when something goes wrong.
Patching the kernel eliminates the "known good" classification :-)

My guess is that turning off SELinux in FC3 will result in a bit of a
mess when I'm reboot in FC5 with SELinux.  Will /home need to be
relabelled?  I will ask on the fedora-selinux.

Thanks for your help.