Re: Gnome hangs

i've tried with the enforcing=0 option and i still get a system hang, i also checked the network
configuration and everything it's fine

this problem is becoming really annoying :(

On 8/5/06, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
José Rafael Carrero León wrote:
> hi everybody
>
> when i login using gnome the systems hangs after a minute or so, it
> doesn't happen when i
> use KDE, any ideas?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> --
> In a world without walls and fences who
> needs WINDOWS and GATES?
> Jose Rafael Carrero Leon
> Linux User #355756

There was a problem caused by some patch added to the mesa libraries
which caused an SELinux related problem. The problem was related to
noexec enforcement.

To get around the problem and get GNOME to load. (Actually the window
manager metacity does not load because of the error with MESA and
SELinux.) You can boot with enforcing=0 during the grub bootloader
portion as a parameter to the kernel. If it boots, you might want to
file a bug against mesa.
This problem effected development for awhile until the patch to mesa was
reverted.

If the problem is not related to mesa and SELinux, you might shoot for
problems related to networking such as localhost entries incorrect. I
had a problem with gnome because of an ethernet card not working as
designed.

Just a few ideas from a non-expert.

Jim

--
If you _really_ feel this strongly about the bug, you could
either try to increase the number of hours a day for all of

        - Rik van Riel explaining what to do against kernel bugs