Re: Firefox unable to use shared audio

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 18:20:10 -0400
oleksandr korneta <atenrok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> on 07/30/2006 12:10 PM Andre Costa wrote:
>

> > http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-May/msg00617.html
> hm... sounds interesting
>

> > So, if what Ignacio says is true, alsa-oss shouldn't be needed. I
> > sent him a message asking for some help, let's see what comes out
> > of it. If anyone else can offer some guidance, please speak up =)
>
> if you got the solution from Ignacio, please post it here. I believe
> lots of people are suffering from this issue.

Just a followup:

I found alsa-oss on PlanetCCRMA, but installing it and following the
instructions to run firefox under aoss did not work (I'm not sure I did
everything right, though, because all instructions are not suitable for
Fedora). Specifically, this is what I used:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ALSA_sound_mixer_aka_dmix#Intro_to_dmix

It's really a pity, because it seems Fedora users are the only ones out
there that can't configure Firefox to workaround the sound issue (I
found detailed instructions for Gentoo and Ubuntu, but zero for Fedora
=/)

Regards,

Andre

--