Re: How to restart alsa?

On Saturday 05 August 2006 17:46, Paul Smith wrote:
> On 8/5/06, Nigel Henry <cave.dnb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > How can one restart alsa?
> > >
> > > I have already tried:
> > >
> > > # /sbin/service alsasound restart
> > > alsasound: unrecognized service
> > > #
> >
> > Hi Paul. I've always used the following on FC, su'ed to root.
> >
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound restart
>
> Thanks, Nigel, but I get
>
> # /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound restart
> bash: /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound: No such file or directory
> #
>
> Paul

That's odd. I've just been into FC5, presuming that's what your using, to
check it out, and alsasound is there. I am using a kernel from planetccrma,
along with Alsa stuff, and sound apps from them, but Alsa, when I installed
FC5 worked just fine OOTB with my Ensoniq card.

What machine is this on? And are you using a roll your own kernel?

Have you had Alsa working on it?

Will you post  the output of /sbin/lsmod.

Also, run.
cat /proc/asound/cards
and
cat /proc/asound/version

Do you see any output with those?

Also, have a look in /etc/rc.d/init.d , and see if there is anything Alsa
related.

Over to you.

Nigel.