Re: Not the usual installation media check failures

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 10:35 -0700, Mark wrote:
> All checksums are ok. I burned the ISOs and run media checks on them
> on one computer. 2 disks fail.
> I run the media check again on another computer and one of the disks
> that failed on the first machine passes, however another disk
> that passed on the first machine fails on the second machine.

The first thing that springs to mind is that one PC is better at reading
some discs than another.  That can be due to high-speed burns not being
as compatible as lower-speed burns.  Could just be the brand of discs
and the particular drives.

I read messages from the public lists.