Re: Sound on Acer Aspire ZWLMi notebook

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 10:13 +0200, JeeBee wrote:
> I can buy a pcmcia card and have sound with linux then?
> Can this card use my internal laptop speakers?

I wouldn't think it could use the internal speakers.  Looking at the
pinouts for the PCMCIA card, there's no connectors for passing an
analogue signal through (i.e. audio out to speakers).  Also, your
speakers would be directly connected to the laptop's internal sound
card/circuitry.  Putting you back in the position of getting the
internal sound working.

Going the PCMCIA or USB route, means external devices hanging off your
nearly all-in-one laptop.  Not very convenient...

I read messages from the public lists.