Re: Adding a gimp plugin

Just as an aside, I went to experiment with this new capability this am, only
to find that the layer arbitrary rotation was broken. I tried the exact same
thing I was doing on another installation, just to make sure I wasn't leaving
out a step or doing something not permitted, but no. I was loading an image,
selecting layer/transform/arbitrary rotation - the dialog appears, the dashed
lines appear to indicate the level of rotation - clicking 'rotate' however
makes the rotated selection vanish, and has no ultimate effect; the image is
not rotated.

Odd - I just did the same thing - layer>tranform>arbitrary rotation.
Clicking 'Rotate' applies the rotation both when I use the slider and
use the "handles" to set the angle....

In short, it works on my installation.

I sometimes find it helpful to run GIMP from the command line when I'm
fiddling with it - often it will spew out very helpful info when
something goes wrong...

Chris