Re: Adding a gimp plugin

After that, the setup.py install seemed to go OK, but I'm probably still
missing something, as I can't see the plugin in Gimp.  Where does it show up
when I get it right?

If the .py file is in $HOME/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins and it's executable, it
should appear in the Python-Fu menu (at least it does for me):
Python-Fu -> Selection -> Transparency Crop

After the setup, the instructions say that it should be tested by

'execute in Python
>>> import scipy
>>> scipy.test(level=1)'

Can you please explain the 'execute in Python'?

In a terminal, type:
python
And press enter.  You should get some info about your version of
Python and be left with a prompt that looks like:

Next, type:
import scipy
and press enter - if it throws an error there, scipy is not fully installed.

Sorry about all the questions.  This is new ground for me.

I learned by asking questions....

Chris

Anne