Re: CIFS problems

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Paul Howarth wrote:
Do you happen to know the actual samba bug number for this, or
better still, the changeset number in samba SVN that fixes it? I'd
like to make a patched samba RPM rather than building from source
without the multitude of patches in the samba package.

This post from Jeremy Allison says it was changeset 17259:

    http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-August/123664.html

Thanks; I've incorporated that patch into a samba RPM
(available at http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/hotfixes/), and with that version on the server, the problem has gone away for me.

Paul.