Re: Sound on Acer Aspire ZWLMi notebook

Hi Pithball,

> $ cat .config | grep CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL

Compiled as a module, I verified that when configuring the kernel.
CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=m

> It may be that the /etc/modprobe.d/sound file is important for your card.
> What does it read? It could probably be left alone unless it is causing
> problems. Where is your alsaconf located?

That /etc/modprobe.d/sound contained only two lines.
(after running alsaconf:)
[root@localhost etc]# cat /etc/modprobe.d/sound
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel

My modprobe.conf manual page says it first checks for /etc/modprobe.conf
and if that not exists, it'll read all files in /etc/modprobe.d/
similar to yum's repositories that can nowadays be spread over several
files in /etc/yum.d/ I guess. I think the manual page is not 100% accurate,
because I assume it'll check /etc/modprobe.d anyways, whether or not
/etc/modprobe.conf exists. (it even tries to load my hda_intel module
twice when I have it both in /etc/modprobe.conf and /etc/modprobe.d/sound)

[root@localhost etc]# which alsaconf
/usr/sbin/alsaconf
[root@localhost etc]# ls -lsh /usr/sbin/alsaconf
40K -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 35K Jul 25 20:37 /usr/sbin/alsaconf

( alsaconf was compiled by myself )

JeeBee.