Re: CIFS problems

Grant Ozolins <grant.ozolins <at> firebox.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I updated my FC5 client and server this morning to samba 3.0.23a-1
> (common, client, and server) - and now when I try to read file from
> mounted CIFS shares my client gets:
>
> CIFS VFS: Send error in read = -13

 There's a bug in that version of samba that has been discussed and verified by
a samba developer on the samba list. I posted a description of how I resolved
the issue by building from the samba svn source that contains the fix on my
blog, here: http://manwiththebones.dyndns.org/wordpress/?p=117 , which may be of
some use to anyone who can't wait for the package to be updated.

 Damian Sinclair