Re: dir/list of files

On 02Aug2006 07:42, bruce <bedouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| i was actually looking for something similar to the ms dir function, where i
| can have the files listed, along with the size of the files, and the total
| number of files at the end of the list..

There is also the "du" command, and of course you can pipe "ls -l"
through awk scripts to tally the file sizes, etc.

This:
	ls -l | grep '^d'
is also a handy single-level show-the-directories hack, obviously
adjustable to show other things (or, of course, _not_ show things using
grep's -v option).

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

If I haven't seen further, it is by standing in the footprints of giants.
        - ~kzm <ketil@xxxxxxxxx>