Re: gnome vs vpnclient

Scot,
   I believe the hosts file simply has...

127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost

since it is configured with dhcp. I will have to check the nsswitch.conf
tomorrow but I assume it will be okay if it is...

hosts:      files dns

However when I open a terminal, the prompt always shows the hostname as a
dhcp domainname (changing according to what I am given by dhcp). Are you
suggesting that I don't want to see that but want the hostname to be localhost
if I am using dhcp in order to prevent vpn from confusing gnome?
          Jack