Re: Can't boot FC4;avc denied error message

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 19:31 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
> Thad Nielsen wrote:
>
> > David, a similar thing happened to me once after updating a FC4
> > system.  No kernel would boot.  I ended up booting from a resuce disk,
> > editing /etc/selinux/config and setting SELINUX=disabled, then booted
> > the system.  This would still leave matters to explore but could at
> > least get your system up and running again.  Good luck!
>
> Appending
>
> selinux=0

Booting with enforcing=0 is preferable; it keeps SELinux enabled but
switches to permissive mode, where it will simply log the denials that
would have occurred while still allowing them to proceed.  That avoids
having to do a full relabel if/when you re-enable SELinux, as SELinux
will keep labeling files while permissive.

The denial itself suggests a problem with labeling of the tmpfs /dev
mount.  kernel and policy version?  bugzilla number?

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency