Re: Process memory question.

Dan Track wrote:

VmSize:   118432 kB
VmLib:     35996 kB

Thanks for the reply. It helps a lot. Is there a way to remove
references to the shared libs? Actually as an additional point
wouldn't we need to include the shared libs in the memory calculation
as they are being used by the process, or is my understanding lacking?

Looks like

VmLib:

shown above might be the total shared lib footprint used by the process. In which case subtract it from the headline figure. But of course in the case where only this process pulls in a particular shared lib, you are better leaving that part in the usage figure... but there is no per-lib breakdown AFAIK so "memory usage" is a bit of a fuzzy concept.

-Andy