Re: FC5 freezes my laptop

I think you should press CTRL+ALT+F1 rather than power button. It will show you a login screen. Just log in and see some error raised in error message.

Brad Bonkoski wrote:
You could always boot into single user mode and check out the output in /var/log/messages and see what it has to offer...
-Brad

Andrew Robinson wrote:
I installed Fedora Core 5 on my eMachines laptop. After about 5 minutes of usage, it freezes. My only recourse is to hold the power button down until the laptop powers off. It has done this numerous times. I have been running FC4 with very little problem for about 5 months. I suspect it is related to the touchpad, but I don't know. Could someone suggest what the problem might be or how I might diagnose it?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson

--
Regards,