Re: skype

2006/8/1, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
luca porcu a écrit :
> 2006/7/31, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I encounter some audio problem with skype.
>>

> Hi,
> install the new beta version of skype.
>
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/13beta.html
> from:
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/changelog.html
>
> # feature: ALSA support (Linux kernel component intended to replace
> the original Open Sound System)
> # feature: Alsa/OSS switch in Tools > Options >Sound devices
>

> luca

Thanks. It works now without artsdsp.

But still remains the problem of two sound devices at the same time.

With both spype and xmms using ALSA:

when I try to call with skype, I get this message:

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:832:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

have you modify dmix??

I have set skype and xine to use alsa, with one sound card, and work,
when play a song with xine I can call with skype!

--
Il termine Hacker
Gli hacker sono delle persone dedicate all'elevato ideale di rendere