Re: Dynamic DNS and failed journal

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 10:03 +1000, Brian Chadwick wrote:

> No, it chroots first. So you should put your DDNS zone file in
> /var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves (I expect you have a symlink
> /var/named/slaves -> /var/named/chroot/var/named/slaves btw).

Just looking at a few FC4 systems here, the /var/named/slaves isn't a
symlink to the chroot location.  Has FC5 fixed that?

> just for a test ... i chmodded all of /var/named to named.named ....
> stilll the permission error ... I am not using SELinux by the way

Did you change it recursively, and include the parent directory?  You
might want to show us the output from listing the directories, and
configuration files, and probably the tail end of /var/log/messages
after restarting the name server.

NB:  It's hard to work out who said what to who in your post, and gets
even worse when someone tries to reply.  Please do quoting in a
conventional manner.

--
(Currently running FC4, in case that's important to the thread)

I read messages from the public lists.