Re: skype

luca porcu a écrit :
> 2006/7/31, François Patte <francois.patte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I encounter some audio problem with skype.
>>

> Hi,
> install the new beta version of skype.
>
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/13beta.html
> from:
> http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/changelog.html
>
> # feature: ALSA support (Linux kernel component intended to replace
> the original Open Sound System)
> # feature: Alsa/OSS switch in Tools > Options >Sound devices
>

> luca

Thanks. It works now without artsdsp.

But still remains the problem of two sound devices at the same time.

With both spype and xmms using ALSA:

when I try to call with skype, I get this message:

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:832:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

And, after that, skype is dead: I have to kill it with killall.

Moreover I'm seen as out of line.

The best is xmms using ALSA and skype OSS, but when xmms is working I'm
unable to call (audio I/O error); in that case skype stay alive and I
can see (popup) that someone is calling me and no ring tone mixed with
music.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique