Re: Sound on Acer Aspire ZWLMi notebook

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

I am not sure that means much. On my Toshiba, it says my sound card is disabled, and it is working. I thought it was kind of funny to see that my sound card was disabled while listening to an mp3 file...

I have noticed similar behavior here.

In addition, my main sound card is NOT seen lately. I can play music on my myspace site and CDs and such yet if I attempt to play an MP3 via XMMS it complains that the sound card is not set up properly. I can play the same MP3 using Mplayer and it plays it just fine. It is getting to the point where this is getting excessively annoying... (ex fidonet sysops will understand, heh)

Later I am going to boot the machine w/ a live Ubuntu disk and see if I can use the Soundblaster Audigy (1) card that used to work under FC5. If I can use it that will tell me that it is a FC5 problem and not the hardware

--

Music: http://www.myspace.com/acidredux

Links: http://del.icio.us/furlan

Home:  http://flprim.us/index.html

"Play--more than piety, more than charity or vigilance--is what allows human beings to transcend evil."
-- Tom Robbins (Jitterbug Perfume)