Re: update software

i think Matthew Miller is a bit close to my point what i am asking.
sorry if i couldnt make you guyz understand. now the complete scenario

the thing is i want a script that will parse a webpage to get the
latest version , now i can do it easly in php or pearl or python etc
... but the thing is the freakin requirement of my client is that to
write only bash script.. now how to parse a webpage to get the latest
version,
say the webpage in some part says ... current version: 2.3.2  now in
php i can parse the webpage to get a this point. now as i am totally
dumb in bash etc so needed help ... i hope i am making my problem more
clear :)