Privoxy under Fedora dying randomly

I'm not sure whether this is a privoxy problem or a fedora problem; I run
only fedora. (Followups set to gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general).

Every once in a while, randomly afaict, privoxy dies on me. (At least now,
since some recent update, Firefox says that, instead of just giving me a
404, as it used to and other browsers still do. Bravo Firefox! A 404 with
an ISP notorious for unreliable connections is a much bigger pain.)

I go into Service Configuration and tell privoxy to restart. Service
Configuration appears to hang. Eventually I kill it -- and privoxy is
running again. (I suppose I should use ps ax with grep instead; I haven't,
so far, since this doesn't happen often enough to make my fingers learn
that.)

I use privoxy out of the box (if we can still say that) -- never even go
into the configuration files, and would have to dig to find them.

This began happening on my wife's machine, under FC4 iirc, and at first
only on it.

It's a minor problem, since it's readily remediable, but irritating. What
should I do?

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Wordcrafty Squirreler, Neo-
Redneck Retiree,  Not Quite Clueless FC Power User