Internet Connection Failure

I have a problem with my internet connection. I just recently configured my Linksys router with a "WEP" key and secured it on Windows XP. Here is what I did:

1. I opened up my web browser and typed in 192.168.1.1
2. Typed in username and password and logged in.
3. Went to wireless settings and gave it a WEP key.
4. Saved it and I exit out of browser.
5. Went to my wireless configurations and saw that it was secured and had a WEP key which is what I want. Internet seems ok.

Everything seems to be working fine on Windows after I configured it. But when I boot to Fedora Core 4, I can't connect to the net. I know that the configuration some how had an affect. Anyway, I normally would type in "/sbin/ifup wlan0" in terminal to activate the internet but it doesn't work this time. It gave me the following error:

"Determining IP information for wlan0.....failed"

I don't know what to do or where to begin to fix this. I have a Linksys router and I use Netgear MA111.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=103022&topic_id=24433&forum=23#forumpost103022