Re: HTTPD configuration problem

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 19:42 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to configure my home httpd server. I am using the gui tool
> under system/administration/server settings/HTTP to do this and I think
> there is something in this tool that changes the httpd.conf file such
> that when the httpd service is restarted, it refuses with the following
> error:
> Stopping httpd:                                            [  OK  ]
> Starting httpd: httpd: Syntax error on line 182 of
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so
> into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>                                                            [FAILED]
> [root@bilbo conf]#
>
> I am running FC5 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5 x86_64 with the following httpd versions:
>
> [root@bilbo conf]# rpm -qa | grep httpd
> httpd-2.2.2-1.2
> system-config-httpd-1.3.3-1.1
> [root@bilbo conf]#
>

> The configuration utility seems to be changing the config file to make
> it use v2.0 configurations which will obviously fail.
>
> Why is this? and how do I change the configuration to prevent this
> happening?
>
> --
> Chris Jones

I tried the same thing a day or so ago with the same result. But this is
the first time I tried to use this tool. Before I did the configuration
by hand. The tool does not do the configuration that I know needs to be
done. For example where are user html directories located, what is the
name of the server, where is the document root, enabling cgi scripts,
etc.
Chef, n.: Any cook who swears in French.