Re: Bogofilter 1.0.2 and Kmail filters

On Saturday 29 July 2006 12:05, Nigel Henry wrote:
> I have Bogofilter 1.0.2 installed on FC2, and it's working ok separating
> the Spam from the Ham, but I'm not sure if I have the filters set up
> correctly in Kmail.

Problem Solved.

I kept Filter 1, as is, and created 3 additional filters.

Filter 2.  bogofilter_is_spam
Filter Criteria:
Match all of the following
X-Bogosity                contains                 Spam

Filter Actions:
remove header               X-Bogosity
remove header               X-Attachments
file into folder                   spam

Advanced Options:
apply this filter to incoming messages    (Checked)
on manual filtering                                     (Checked)
If this filter matches, stop processing here    (Checked)

Filter 3.    bogofilter_is_ham
Filter Criteria:
Match all of the following
X-Bogosity                    contains                      Ham

Filter Actions:
remove header             X-Bogosity
remove header             X-Attachments
file into folder                 inbox

Advanced Options:   (As Filter 2)

Filter 4.       bogofilter_is_unsure
Filter Criteria:
Match all of the following
X-Bogosity                      contains                     Unsure

Filter Actions:
remove header                X-Bogosity
remove header                X-Attachments
file into folder                    unsure

Advanced Options:    (As Filter 2)

I do not have any other mail filtering, and all the mail used to arrive in the
inbox. Now it is being separated to, spam, inbox, and unsure.  Also the
X-bogosity added headers that were turning up in the inbox, are now gone, as
they should be.

Bogofilter using tri-state with the additional "Unsure" seems to be a good
idea, as I've just received 2 unsures, which are obviously Spam, but "Unsure"
is showing that they were on the way to being misidentified as Ham, and are
obvious candidates for adding to the Spam db.

At the moment I'm still building up the database, so am obviously adding all
the correctly identified Spam to it also.

Nigel.