Re: Can not change screen resolution (Fedora 5, gnome)

Haluk Tunali writes:

Hi all,

It seems like I am not able to change my x server screen resolution from
the default to anything higher than that (I want 1280x1024 with (16 or
24 bit color depth). I have just freshly installed fedora 5 and running
gnome window manager. I have tried changing the resolution with
System->Administration->Display (the resolution and color depth options
that I want, are listed in the drop-down box), it prompts me to
logoff-logon, I exit the x server and start x again and see the same
resolution (same with restart). I also tried editing xorg.conf file
myself with no luck.

Look in /var/log/Xorg.0.log for clues.