Re: software raid drive failed, please provide step bu steptorebuild

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 19:37 -0500, Dan Carl wrote:
> Ok I totally see your point about striping my swap partition.
> I read it some howto a few years back.
>
> I did just what you said
> I paritioned my new drive the exact same as the other two.
> I issued the command
> mdadm /dev/md2 -a /dev/sdc3
> and the raid  md2 is rebuilding as I write this.
>
> So how do I get setup my swap as you described?
> Now I have three drives w/ partition
> 265072 sda2
> 265072 sdb2
> 265072 sdc2

First format the swap partitions.  Note that fdisk  should list these as
type 82  Linux swap.

        mkswap /dev/sda2
        repeat for sdb2 and sdc2

then put into fstab the following
        /dev/sda2        swap           swap    defaults        0 0
        /dev/sdb2        swap           swap    defaults        0 0
        /dev/sdc2        swap           swap    defaults        0 0

Finally just issue the "swapon -a" command to enable swap as defined.

Now if one fails the remaining ones will continue to be used.