Re: Permission denied during rpm installation

On 7/28/06, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Deepak Shrestha wrote:
>> It's possible that any messages may have been rotated out. Try:
>>
>> $ fgrep type=AVC /var/log/messages*
>>
>> If there's nothing there then it's likely that your issue was not
>> SELinux-related.
>>
>> Paul.
>
> Thanks paul,
>
> I executed the command. It gives me blank result. Guess its not
> SELinux related. Right now its working fine and I am able to mount my
> NTFS drive. My worry is that I have seen some similar message during
> yum update too (some packages were denied permission), and that might
> happen again if ever I need to use yum or rpm.
>
> Any other possibilites...???

Unfortunately intermittent problems can be very difficult to diagnose.
If you uninstall the package you were having trouble with and then try
reinstalling it, do you get the same problem?

Paul.

So far, I haven't found any trouble. May be let you know if it happens again.

Thanks a lot !