Re: Anyone got an FTP install to work?

On 7/28/06, Reg Clemens <reg@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Has anyone got a FTP install to work with Fedora5?

I seem to have two problems

    (1) First, instead of passing the top level directory to the FTP
install, I have to pass the directory with the RPMS in it.  This places
the core directory and the RELEASE-NOTES above it in the dir
tree, which doesnt seem right.  But its the only way to get it to
stop complaining about not being able to get to repodata/repomd.xml .

    (2) At this point I can get a few screens further, but as soon as I
give the install program the root pasword and hit return, I get a message
saying "Unexpected interrupt" and that this is probably a programming
error (sigh).

So I repeat my question from above.

    Has ANYONE got this thing working?

And what did you have todo to make it work...

I may give HTML rather than FTP a shot tomorrow, but it would be
REALLY NICE if somewhere they told you exactally what directory
this thing actually wanted to have past to it...

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg@xxxxxxx

For me I installed FC5 through local HTTP and works without problem.
Give it a try, may be it works.

regards