Re: smb.conf (a little help please)

hbrhodes wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

hbrhodes wrote:
i have been trying to get this working for hours. i have finally gotten
the file to allow me to get to the samba server from a windows machine,
however, the thing won't let me write. Can i get some help please? i've tried the howto's and i think my brain is shutting down. i've
tried trimming down the useless entries to what i have changed.

<----------------------------------[ SNIP ]---------------------------->
[homes]
 comment = Home Directories
 browseable = no
 writable = yes

[R2314]
      comment = public files
      path = /misc/R2314
      writeable = yes
      read only = no
      browseable = yes
      public = no
      printable = no
      valid users = hbrhodes, klrhodes
      create mask = 0765

Dumb question - can you see hbrhodes and klrhodes home directory?
(Depending on the Windows user.) Also, can hbrhodes and klrhodes
write to /misc/R2314? If not, you may want to use "force user" to
set the uid used when Samba writes to the share.

Mikkel
i can see the home directory and i can see the R2314 directory contents. however, it will not let me write to either, and it will not let me see the files in the directory, it will let me see folders and sub folders but not files.

You haven't mentioned anything about SELinux, so are the SELinux permissions correct? If you're using public_content_t, it needs to be public_content_rw_t to allow writing. If it's labeled as samba_share_t, SELinux shouldn't be the problem.

Just a thought,
Justin Willmert