Re: Cannot Log On

On 7/27/06, Smith, Herb <herb.smith@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All,

I have FC5 loaded on a Dell in a dual boot configuration. It has been
working fine for months.
Yesterday when I went to boot the machine (power went down in a rain
storm...) and log on, the system booted up fine, FC5 loaded and I got to
the LogOn page.  When I attempted to log on, all I get after entering my
username and password is a blank screen.  All I could do was cycle the
power to get it to boot again.  I tried changing the session to the
Gnome Save mode and that got me in, but most of my Launcher names are
gone...

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I would proceed to
fix it?

TIA,

Herb

Did you try booting the machine single user?