Re: Burning backup to dvd - Success at last!

Although I can only speculate why.

My new disks didn't arrive today, and I haven't yet ordered the new drive, so
not expecting any success I stuck in a once-used DVD-RW disk and fired up
k3b.  I set it to burn at 2x and verify.  'All files seem binary equal' - and
it reads in konqueror on this box.

So - disk format?  Possibly.  Burn speed?  I think I'm backing that in the
light of previous experiences.

Thanks to all the people who tried so hard to help me.  I think I'll probably
still get a new drive, though.

Anne