Re: Permission denied during rpm installation

I thought about that after I sent my email... Gee, probably won't help
you at all, but the button had been pressed and the email sent...

Anyway,
Once before I have seen a file that root couldn't delete.  It was on a
badly hosed disk that had suffered a fatal data destroying fsck.  I
was about to contact the maintainers of ext3 and say to them "Do you
want to see a disk image on which root cannot delete a file?", when I
thought to check the extended attributes (via "lsattr") -- sure
enough, the file system had been corrupted enough that some attribute
had been set that inhibited even root from removing the file (perhaps
it was flagged as "immutable" -- I don't recall now).

The other thought that comes to mind is SELinux, about which I know
absolutely nothing.

--wpd