Re: Tomcat setup

Quoting Chong Yu Meng <chongym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 09:05 -0700, Ryan Ollerenshaw wrote:
> > I am attempting to run tomcat on Fedora Core 5 but I have not been able to
> find
> > much of any documentation on how to set it up.  I did find several pages
> that
> > stated that the setup was very trivial and would not be covered.   Not so
> much
> > the case for me.   Here is what I have found and what I have done so far
> >
> > -Install  j2sdk1.4.2_12
> > -Set JAVA_HOME environment variable
> > -Execute the command: /etc/tomcat5/bin/startup.sh
> > And I get:
> > Using CATALINA_BASE:   /etc/tomcat5/
> > Using CATALINA_HOME:   /etc/tomcat5/
> > Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /etc/tomcat5//temp
> > Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2_12
> >
> > Browse to http://myservername:8080/
> >
> > After that I get nothing but a blank page. Is there something else in the
> setup
> > process that I am missing?
> >

> Hi Ryan,
>
> I think you may have a iptables issue here. Can you run the following
> first and paste the results in your reply:

Thank you for the help is the output from the commands that you mentioned

> netstat -an | grep 8080

# netstat -an | grep 8080
tcp        0      0 :::8080              :::*                LISTEN

> tail -20 /etc/tomcat/logs/catalina.out

# tail -20 /etc/tomcat5/logs/catalina.out
This release of Apache Tomcat was packaged to run on J2SE 5.0
or later. It can be run on earlier JVMs by downloading and
installing a compatibility package from the Apache Tomcat
binary download page.