Re: LDAP addressbook set up, now need to use it

Gary Stainburn wrote:
Hi folks.

I've configured an LDAP addressbook using the openldap-servers rpm and the tutorial at http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/03/27/ldap_ab.html

The server's configured and appears to be working, however I can't seem to use it.

If I do a ldapsearch I see the two contacts I've added to the server.
I have configured the Kaddressbook to use the LDAP directory and it shows both contacts and their details.

However, in kmail composer when I click on Select the contacts are not there, even when I choose the LDAP directory as the addressbook to use.

When I try to use Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express I have the same problem in that I don't see any contacts.

Could anyone point me to any possible reasons for this, or how to fix it?

slapd sends query details to syslog; add the following to /etc/syslog.conf to have ldap logs written to /var/log/ldaplogs:

# slapd logs to local4
local4.*      /var/log/ldaplogs

You'll be able to see what the clients are doing in the logs, which should help with debugging.

Paul.