Re: Burning backup to dvd

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Poohba wrote:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso

/dev/dvd should be the drive.  mine is /dev/hdc and i just use that
instead of symlink'n it

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /some/files
works for me with no problem also.  I have never tried to append.  I
missed a lot of your posts so I don't know what has already been tried.
I apologize for any repeated information.

gives what error?  If it starts at all then the media is fine.  If it
fails immediately it could be the media unless the error is more
specific.