Re: Quake3 on FC5[Scanned]

Thom Paine wrote:
I should clarify.

Do you have a linux version install cd or are you using the pak files
from a windows quake 3 cd and then installing the 1.32b linux file?

I installed mine into /usr/local/games/quake3 as well. I ran a server
with friends for a couple years.

I seem to remember that the gamespy port was being blocked for the
cdkey authentication.

But I'll check at home tonight.

Hi Thom,

I'm using a Windows CD like you said with the 1.32b linux point release.

I've not install gamespy as it is only to play LAN games with a few friends.

Thanks for your replies.

-Chris