Problem with routing for multiple uplinks/providers using iproute2

hi frenz,
we were trying to configure our system with 2 ethernet catds connected to two different providers using iproute2 so that it recieves and transmits data from both of them. We have followed the configuration as given on lartc's howto
But the most wierd part of the story is that after we restart the system (We have put the script in rc.local) the system works fine and we can ping both our cards from anywhere in the world. But after sometime none of the cards can be pinged from outside but the site running on the system is accessible from everywhere.
Does anyine has any idea where or wat we are doing wrong, i will really appreciate your help.
Its just so confusingm, hopefully its a silly error,

thnx in advance,
Mrin

Here?s a new way to find what you're looking for - Yahoo! Answers