Re: rhel3 and adaptec 39160 boot problems

Janez Košmrlj schrieb:

I installed this card into my pc running rhel3 to connect a scsi disk. Kudzu recognised it correctly and it inserted a line in /etc/modules.conf to load the AIC7xxx driver. The problem is, the module doesn't start when the pc is booting. I don't get an error in /var/log/messages or when i run the dmesg command. The system acts as the device isn't there. When i run modprobe aic7xxx the scsi controller starts working and works without problems.

thnx Janez

This isn't the proper list for RHEL releases.
Anyway, simple fix is to mkinitrd a new initrd.img with the SCSI driver included. mkinitrd includes it automatically if you added "alias scsi_hostadapter aic7xxx" to /etc/modules.conf.

Alexander