Re: latest firefox version for fc4

Dan wrote:
list user wrote:
Hi all!

I had Firefox-1.0.4 on my fc4 installation, and just did a "yum update firefox". Upon success I now have 1.0.8.

Visiting mozilla.org I see that the current version of firefox is 1.5.0 which fixes certain security issues.

I further note there are version numbers and release numbers.

Could somebody shed some light on the relationship between fedora versions vis a vis mozilla versions/releases?

Don't like running things that may have security issues :(

Thank you,
Mike Wright

1.0.8 was released after 1.5.0 and probably contains the same security fixes. As for why 1.5.0 isn't in FC5, it has dependencies (don't remember what the big one was, GCC or GTK or something) that would require you to basically have to upgrade to FC5.
-Dan

Not true! I'm running 1.5.0.4 on an FC3 system. Works fine.

Regards,

John