Re: configure GRUB to savedefault

On 7/26/06, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Try
>> default saved
>> instead of
>> default=saved
>
>I should have mentioned that I tried the various combinations (with
>the same non-results)
>default saved
>default=saved
>
>Nigel - are you using this same type of config and it yielding the
>correct results?
>
>any other suggestions?
>Thanks

Are you booting grub from hdo,0?  I wonder if the partition is mounted
read-only because of that?

Tony -  thanks for the email - where would I determine that?
The only sign I see for that is:
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz

which would confirm that the grub path is indeed hd0,0 - but outside
of that, I dont know where to verify this, and/or change it

Thanks