Re: Burning backup to dvd

Anne Wilson wrote:

It looks as though the media was at least part of the problem. Changing to a different brand disk got me a complete burn, no error messages whatsoever. However, I find I cannot read the disk. It is not automounting. For a manual mount, is the type iso9660?

dmesg|tail
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!

Doesn't look good

Anne

you don't need to specify the filesystem type, it should auto detect. If it does not, you can try the type iso9660, but usually if it didn't auto detect you have bigger problems..

mount /dev/cdrom /a/mount/point

I would also attempt to mount your .iso file to make sure you can read it as well

mount -o loop /Backup/mybackup.iso /a/mount/point

see if you can read the filesystem and it correctly represents what it should.

umount /a/mount/point
to unmount.
--
Ed Kim, RHCE