Re: Burning backup to dvd

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 11:29, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Wednesday 26 July 2006 15:45, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Humm, a possibily I suppose, due to the size of a 'sector' on a
>> iso9660 filesystem.  But here, you are asking cdrecord to do the
>> collection which I've little experience with myself.
>>
>> I'm afraid I'm not that much help after all.
>
>By now I'm convinced that I have ruled out anything amanda-connected.
> This has to be a cdrecord problem, and since I am using the same
> version on this box with out problems (and even the same model of
> writer hardware), I'm completely stumped.
>
>Anne

As others have pointed out, cdrecord is for writing of an already
generated iso image, so you must insert a mkisofs or growisofs stage
between the dir full of files and the iso image to be written.

k3b can do this automaticly here on this old FC2 box, and does
apparently the same thing on the FC5 lappy.  For that, I just run a
copy of konqi, grab the directory and drop it on the k3b source view.

However, k3b and dvd-tools are both from much later than FC2 distro
versions, k3b from a konstruct build of kde-3.3.0, and dvdtools from
the tarball.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: