Re: Odd hardware problem

On Monday 24 July 2006 17:35, PFJ wrote:
> However, on reboot, the machine is failing to recognise the keyboard -
> absolutely nothing happens if I press the caps lock (no light on the
> keyboard) or Num Lock (no light again).
>
> Is this likely to be an ACPI problem as before it boots fully, I can
> edit the command line in grub?

I do not understand, does the keyboard fail after the system is up, or
immediately after a reboot?

IE, can you access the bios after a reboot? If not, I suggest to check the
cmos battery. I had a similar problem with an old machine, and it turned out
that the battery was dead. After I replaced it, keyboard came to life, and
everything else was smooth. It sounds strange, but... :-)

Best regards, :-)
Marko